SHROOMS FISH SOUP
500g Grouper fish (sliced into thick slices and blanched)
2 cups Huiji® Waist Tonic
1l chicken broth
15g Solomonseal Rhizome (Yu Zhu)
2 pc dried Shitake mushroom
1pc Hedgehog mushroom
Pinch of salt
- Wash and cut the Grouper fish into fairly big pieces, trim off excess fat and pre-blanch in boiling water for 1 min.
- Pre-soak Hedgehog mushroom in warm water and cut into quarters, drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Prepare a double boiler. Bring sufficient water to a boil.
- Add the chicken broth into the double steam pot and add in the herbs, mushrooms and fish slices.
- Drizzle in 2 cups of Huiji® Waist Tonic.
- Steam for one hour on medium heat.
- Add salt to taste and serve.
300g Chicken thigh meat (deboned)
100g aged ginger
10g cloud ear fungus
100ml Huiji Waist Tonic
30g sesame oil
Pinch of salt
- Wash and clean chicken thigh. Strain and cut chicken thigh into pieces.
- Wash and clean aged ginger. Remove skin and chop finely.
- Soak cloud ear fungus in water for about 20 minutes till soften. Remove from bowl and clean the soaked fungus. Then cut into small pieces or strips.
- Heat wok with sesame oil. Add the ginger and stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add the chicken and stir continuously until the meat turns opaque, then add the fungus and salt, stir to combine well.
- Add water into the wok and cook about 15-20 minutes.
- Lastly, add Huiji Waist Tonic. Bring to a boil and it’s ready to serve.