Recipe for Rheumatism | Huiji Chicken Abalone Shark Fin Soup
Shark’s fins 50g
Kampong chicken 1pc
Scallops (soak in water until soften then peel into strips) 40g
Abalone (soak in water until soften) 4slices
Ginseng (wash then slice it) 1 pc
Medlar a little
Ginger (about thumb size) 1 slice
Spring Onions 2 pcs
Hua tiao wine 4 teaspoons
Huiji Waist Tonic 60-90ml
- De-bone chicken (please be careful to keep the whole chicken in “shape” as we need to stuff ingredients into it later). Boil chicken bones in water. Thereafter pour away the water and keep the bones for later use.
- Put shark’s fins in water and boil for half and hour and pour away the water. Boil shark’s fins with gingers, spring onions and Hua Tiao Wine for half and hour and pour away the water.
- Stuff shark fins and scallops into the chicken, seal up with toothpicks, scald it with boiling water and pour away the water.
- Add ginseng, medlar, sliced abalones, boiled chicken bones, 6 bowl of water and boil for 1 hour, add chicken and stew for 3 hours. After that, add 2 teaspoons of Hua Tiao Wine (just a little, according to your preference, to flavor the soup).
- Lastly add 60-90ml of Huji Waist Tonic, and it is ready to be served.