Butter (Softened): 120g
Caster sugar: 70g
Self-rising flour: 100g
Vanilla paste: 1/2 tsp
Huiji Waist Tonic: 2 tbsp
1. Mix the butter and 30g of caster sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Soak the cranberries into Huiji Waist Tonic.
3. Separate the egg yolk and the egg whites.
4. Add the egg yolk into the butter and sugar mixture, one at a time.
5. Then, beat in the vanilla paste and fold in half the flour.
6. Add in Huiji Waist tonic (From the soaked cranberries) and mix.
7. Add in the remaining flour and fold till combined. This is your egg yolk batter.
8. In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until it turns foamy.
9. Gradually add the remaining sugar and whisk till firm peak forms. This is your egg white batter.
10. Once done, add 1/3 of egg whites batter into the batter and mix on low speed.
11. Gently fold in the remaining egg white batter in 2 batches.
12. Pour the batter into greased muffin pan or cupcake liner.
13. Bake at 160 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
*Recipe by Janice Looi