Boneless Chicken Thigh: 3pcs
Garlic: 4 pcs
Oyster sauce: 3 tbsp
Sesame oil: 2 tsp
Sugar: 1 tsp
White pepper: 1 tsp
Light soya sauce: 1tsp
Dark soya sauce: 1 tsp
Cornflour: 1 tsp
Huiji Waist Tonic: 40ml
1. Marinate the chicken thigh with 1 tbsp oyster sauce, 2 tsp sesame oil,1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp white pepper, 1 tsp light soya sauce,1 tsp dark soya sauce, 1 tsp cornflour, and 20ml Huiji Waist Tonic for at least 1 hour.
2. Place the chicken and ham on the steaming dish.
3. Place some sliced ginger and spring onions over it.
4. Steam for 20 minutes on high heat.
5. Drain the water that the dish collected.
6. Cut the chicken thigh into smaller pieces and sandwich the ham in between.
7. Blanch some baby kailan in salted boiling water.
8. Next, prepare the serving sauce.
9. Heat up the pan with some oil.
10. Fry chopped garlic until fragrant and slightly brown.
11. Add in 2 tbsp oyster sauce, 50ml water, 20ml of Huiji Waist Tonic, a dash of white pepper, and a dash of sesame oil.
12. Pour the sauce over the chicken and ham.
*Recipe by Andrew Lim