Eggs Large: 4 pcs
Hot water: 1/2 cup
Bonito powder: 2 tsp
Sliced Fish Fillet
Prawns: 12 pcs
Shiitake Mushroom: 2pcs
Shimeiji Mushroom: 50g
Japanese Fishcake: 8 slices
Huiji Waist Tonic: 2 tbsp
Oyster sauce: 1 tsp
Hau Tiao Jiu: 1/2 tsp
Soy sauce: 1 tsp
Sesame oil: 1/2 tsp
Corn flour: 1 tsp
1. Marinate the fish with 1/2 tsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp Huiji Waist Tonic, 1/2 tsp soy sauce, and 1/2 tsp corn flour.
2. Marinate prawns with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp Hau Tiao Jiu with a dash of pepper.
3. Beat the eggs.
4. Mix the hot water and bonito powder together and stir till combined.
5. Pour the combined mixture into the beaten eggs and mix well before sieving the mixture into a jug.
6. Grease 4 bowls with cooking oil.
7. Add the fish, some prawns, some mushrooms, and some Japanese fishcake into the bowls.
8. Pour in the egg mixture and put a cling wrap over it.
9. Steam for 15 minutes.
10. While the egg is steaming, prepare the seafood mixture. Heat up the pan with oil and add the shiitake and shimeji mushroom. Sautee till fragrant.
11. Them, add in the prawns and scallop.
12. Fry till the prawn is pink and bring mixture to simmer.
13. Once the egg custard is done, remove from the steamer and top it with some seafood mixture.
14. Garnish with coriander.
*Recipe by Veronica Chia
Original URL: http://pengskitchen.blogspot.sg/2017/05/steamed-seafood-egg-custard.html